Submitted by Oleksii Serdiuk on
A new version of TAO Translator was released yesterday and today it was approved in all relevant app stores. This is mainly a bugfix relese, but because it introduces in-app analytics, I decided to bump the version to 1.3.0.
Here’s a list of changes since v1.2.0:
- Google Translate: A possible fix (workaround) for “Service unavailable” translation error (issue #49).
- Yandex.Dictionaries: Fix for “SSL handshake failed” error on some phones (issue #50).
- Actual SSL errors are now reported instead of just “SSL handshake failed”.
- In-app analytics were added. You will be asked whether to enable them at first start.
- When Paste’n’Translate is activated, “Paste” button will replace existing source text with the text from clipboard; when Paste’n’Translate is deactivated, “Paste” button will insert clipboard text without touching existing source text.
- BlackBerry 10: “Paste” button was never enabled when TAO Translator was started after phone restart but before any text was copied to clipboard.
- Sailfish OS: Fix wrong path for saving language settings.
- Nokia N9, Symbian: Fix for “SSL handshake fail” when checking for updates (issue #48).
- Symbian: Yet another try to fix Symbian input issues. Also, pressing on the application title while in input mode will now return to the normal mode.
- New UI localizations: Bulgarian, Catalan, Finnish, Polish, and Swedish.
For more technical details, feel free to check the changes between versions 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 on GitHub.
Short URL: https://olse.me/0ns